THE WILLIAMS HONORS COLLEGE
Admission to the College
The application deadline for the Williams Honors College has been extended to June 1
Complete your online supplemental application now!
For First-time Students to UA
The Williams Honors College welcomes applications from high-achieving, self-motivated students who have demonstrated an ability to excel and are seeking opportunities to distinguish themselves. Consideration for admission to the Williams Honors College will be on the basis of a holistic review. First consideration will be given to students with the following academic credentials:
- 3.50 GPA on a 4.00 scale
- 27 ACT composite or 1280 SAT (total)
If you have potential that might not be highlighted in your academic record, if you are transferring from another college or university, or if you are entering college after pursuing a career or meeting other responsibilities, please include with your application a letter describing your circumstances, accomplishments and goals.
Similar to the general University scholarship deadlines, well-qualified students are encouraged to apply well before the deadline dates.
- Nov. 1 — Early admission and scholarship consideration for Williams Honors College
- June 1 — Regular admission and scholarship consideration for Williams Honors College; note the extended deadline
Students admitted to the Williams Honors College must accept their seat in the college by July 15.
The Williams Honors College Supplemental Application is Open
First year admission to the WHC is now open through the UA admissions process.
- Complete the UA undergraduate admissions application by June 1 (note the extended deadline).
- Admitted students who meet the WHC admission criteria will receive an email invitation to apply.
- Complete the online supplemental application for the Williams Honors College prior to the June 1 deadline.
For Transfer Students
We will consider for admission transfer students who have completed up to 64 semesters of college credit and have earned a minimum 3.60 GPA.
If you have potential that might not be highlighted in your academic record or have accumulated more than 64 credit hours, please contact us to discuss if the Williams Honors College is right for you.
- Transfer students may be eligible for renewable Honors scholarships of up to $1000
- July 15 is the priority deadline for transfer applications for Fall admission
For Continuing UA Students
Current UA students with a minimum GPA of at least 3.60 and less than 64 completed credit hours may contact the Williams Honors College Admissions Office at 330–972–6261 to make an appointment.
If you have questions, call the Williams Honors College Admissions Office at 330–972–6261.
Other opportunities that require separate application
► The Honors Complex Emerging Leaders Community
Honors students with extensive leadership experience may wish to apply for the Honors Complex Emerging Leaders Community. This is a residential community of students with leadership background, independent of college major, who are housed near each other on the fifth floor of the Honors Complex.
Participation in the community requires an extra application. Get details and the application for the Emerging Leaders Community.