A TRADITION OF COMMUNITY
The Williams Honors College
BE INSPIRED by your professors and by your high-achieving classmates, who come from a variety of backgrounds and possess broad academic interests and achievements, inside the special intellectual community that is UA's Williams Honors College.
Apply for Fall 2023
February 1, 2023 — Priority application deadline and presitigous scholarship consideration
April 1, 2023 — Regular application deadline and scholarship consideration
May 1, 2023 — Deadline to accept your seat in the Honors College
Benefits for UA Honors students
Just a few of the many benefits to being in the Williams Honors College:
- Live in the Honors Complex with private bathrooms
- Sense of community eases transition into college
- Academic advantages like priority scheduling
- Honors Merit Scholarships of $1,000 and $1,500
- Unique opportunities like study abroad and honors seminars
Visit our modern, park-like campus though one of our Admissions events. In-person and virtual options available most days!
2022 Hunter Award
Presented to a graduating senior in the Williams Honors College who shows extraordinary leadership, commitment, and involvement in organizations and activities that serve and improve the lives of humankind.
- Ivana Shah (Biomedical Engineering)
WHC 2022 Awards of Distinction
Given yearly to the top ten spring graduates, based on academic performance, campus involvement and community engagement.
- Ebunoluwa Adedeji (Nursing)
- Hannah Curtis (Anthropology & History)
- Noor Fahoum (Civil Engineering)
- Manwel Labib (Biochemistry & Biomedical Science)
- Alexandra Paxitzis (Biomedical Engineering)
- Eleanor Plaster (Chemical Engineering & French)
- Alison Ruff (Biomedical Science)
- Maddison Schutt (Biomedical Engineering)
- Emily Starkey (Criminology & Criminal Justice)
- Emma Vosniak (Speech Language Pathology)
PEEK INSIDE THE COLLEGE
We've created this booklet to describe the special opportunities available to UA honors students, including academic capstone work, scholarships, research, study abroad, leadership development and more.
CCP Honors Academy
The College Credit Plus Honors Academy is for high school juniors and seniors to get an even bigger head start to their college careers.
The College Credit Plus program was created by the Ohio Legislature to allow students in grades 7-12 to enroll in a college or university to earn both college credit and credit for their classes, tuition free.
UA's Sesquicentennial Celebration
- The Williams Honors College featured in the Celebration of Colleges for the UA Sesquicentennial Celebration.
- A brief history of UA’s honors program, college.
- The Williams Honors College is celebrating its own anniversary. Hear from our inaugural dean Dr. Dale Mugler about the inception of the Honors College.