Why choose Akron?
- After rigorous review, the School of Education was re-accredited and recognized for “national excellence” by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) in 2018.
- Our students achieved a 96% pass rate for all teacher licensure tests, according to the 2020 Ohio Educator Preparation Provider Performance Report.
- Our undergraduate elementary reading program was one of only 18 in the country, and the only such program at a public university in Ohio, to earn an A+ rating in a 2020 report by the National Council on Teacher Quality (NCTQ).
- Through the Urban STEM Center, the H. Kenneth Barker Center for Economic Education, and the Center for Literacy, the school equips teachers and community members to provide crucial STEM, economic and literacy education to students throughout Northeast Ohio.
- Students learn through hands-on experiences in the recently renovated Zook Hall with state-of-the-art technology-enhanced classrooms and laboratories.
- We have a rich history of successfully preparing teachers and educational administrators, and we have been continuously approved by the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education.
- We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusive education.