School of Education Current Students
Mandatory BCI/FBI background check
Any courses that require field hours or student teaching placement will need to get their BCI/FBI background check.
We have partnered with UA's School of Counseling to offer this service on campus, see details.
School of Education Scholarships
- The School of Education Scholarship
- Conrad C. Ott Scholars Fund
- Learn more about other UA scholarships
Scholarships are available for incoming freshman, transfer students, and currently enrolled School of Education students!
The application for 2024-2025 LJFF School of Education scholarships will be available for submission between March 1 and March 17, 2024. At that time, the application can be found by scanning the QR code:
Contact Dr. Gary Holliday at firstname.lastname@example.org if there are further questions.
Project Zips Tutoring Crew
♦ Do you have a drive to help students learn?
♦ Do you want to help catch students up from COVID gaps?
Project Zips Tutoring Crew is hiring math tutors to work with 4th and 5th graders from iPromise School and other Akron Public Schools.
- Earn $16 an hour and up to $1000 a semester.
- Must be available three times a week and have transportation.
- Nine hours of paid training is included.
- Tutors are compensated for travel expenses and preparation time.
To register as a tutor, please complete this form: Project Zips Math Tutoring Crew.
The LeBron James Family Foundation School of Education and the I Promise School are partnering to offer a unique learning opportunity for LJFF COE students. Students can choose to join a learning community, block schedule 2-3 courses, and spend extended time at the I Promise School. This “lived-in” teacher education model will provide teacher candidates with an enriched field experience. A learning community is limited to 15 students and registration is controlled.
- Take the first step in joining a community by completing the online course request form.
- See flyer for more information
Undergraduate Student Advising Office
First floor of the Arts & Sciences Building, Room 118.
See campus map
Career Services Coordinator
Liaison to the School of Education
View contact info and bio
New job listings are frequently added to our webpage, many of which come from the Ohio Department of Education.
- Teaching jobs in Akron Public Schools posted on our website
- Handshake online job board
- Ohio Department of Education
- Undergraduate Student Advising
- Undergraduate programs in Education
- Graduate programs in Education
- School of Education Scholarships
Current students resources
- Application for student teaching
- Honors Research Project Information
- Student Teaching & Field Experience
- Employment Opportunities
- Professional Development Workshops
- Student Organizations and Service-Focused Programs
- RESA (Resident Educator Summative Assessment)
- Add / Drop a course