School of Education Current Students
Course registration assistance
If you have been admitted to the School of Education and need assistance registering for education courses, click below for details
Fall 2023 student teaching application
Access to the FALL 2023 Student Teaching application will open on Monday, January 2, 2023 and CLOSES on Friday, January 20, 2023, at midnight.
It is advised to not wait until the last day to apply.
BCI/FBI background check
We've partnered with UA's School of Counseling to offer this service on campus.
Career Services Coordinator
Liaison to the School of Education
View contact info and bio
New job listings are frequently added to our webpage, many of which come from the Ohio Department of Education.
- Teaching jobs in Akron Public Schools posted on our website
- Handshake online job board
- Ohio Department of Education
The LeBron James Family Foundation School of Education and the I Promise School are partnering to offer a unique learning opportunity for LJFF COE students. Students can choose to join a learning community, block schedule 2-3 courses, and spend extended time at the I Promise School. This “lived-in” teacher education model will provide teacher candidates with an enriched field experience. A learning community is limited to 15 students and registration is controlled.
- Take the first step in joining a community by completing the online course request form.
- See flyer for more information
Project Zips Tutoring Crew
♦ Do you have a drive to help students learn?
♦ Do you want to help catch students up from COVID gaps?
Project Zips Tutoring Crew is hiring math tutors to work with 4th and 5th graders from iPromise School and other Akron Public Schools.
- Earn $16 an hour and up to $1000 a semester.
- Must be available three times a week and have transportation.
- Nine hours of paid training is included.
- Tutors are compensated for travel expenses and preparation time.
To register as a tutor, please complete this form: Project Zips Math Tutoring Crew.
- Undergraduate Student Advising
- Undergraduate programs in Education
- Graduate programs in Education
- School of Education Scholarships
Current students resources
- Application for student teaching
- Honors Research Project Information
- Student Teaching & Field Experience
- Employment Opportunities
- Professional Development Workshops
- Student Organizations and Service-Focused Programs
- RESA (Resident Educator Summative Assessment)
- Add / Drop a course
Undergraduate Student Advising Office
Zook Hall, Suite 024
Akron, OH 44325