LJFF College of Education hosts rock painting contest
Painted rocks have been popping up across Northeast Ohio and beyond thanks to the Facebook group “Northeast Ohio Rocks,” whose goal is to brighten someone’s day by leaving painted rocks with positive messages throughout the community.
The LJFFCOE is participating in this effort by presenting its first-ever Rock Painting Contest! The goal is to offer positive messages, and at the same time promote the field of teacher education.
The contest is open to any student -- Education major or not -- with an interest in becoming a teacher.
Deadline to submit your painted rock is Monday, Oct. 9 in Zook Hall Room 2.
Job shadowing will help first year STEM students find career paths
A $450,000 National Science Foundation grant will support pairing first year students in paid job-shadowing experiences with current UA STEM students already in co-ops/internships.
Colleges of Education and Arts & Science awarded $2.3 million grant
The LeBron James Family Foundation College of Education and the Buchtel College of Arts & Sciences have been awarded a five-year, $2.3 million National Professional Development grant from the U.S. Department of Education.
Tudor appointed to SEI leadership role
Dr. Jarrod Tudor has been appointed to the Summit Education Initiative (SEI) Board of Directors.
Kline named president of Ohio Association of Teacher Educators
Dr. Lynn Kline, associate professor of Early Childhood in the Department of Curricular & Instructional Studies, has been named president of The Ohio Association of Teacher Educators (OATE) and is Chair of OCTEO for the 2017-2018 academic year.
Planning to student teach in Spring 2018?
If you are planning to student teach in Spring 2018, please be sure to complete the application for student teaching. The deadline to apply is Oct. 1.
- Be admitted to the College of Education.
- Completion of all program requirements.
- Have a cumulative grade point average of a 2.5 or above.
- Have a cumulative grade point average of a 2.5 or above in your content area(s).
- In your professional education coursework you cannot have a grade below a C. Any Professional Educational coursework with a C- or below must be retaken.
- Passing scores on all of your content areas for the Ohio Assessment for Educators (OAE).
- Passing OAE scores turned in to the Office of Student Teaching by the required deadline.
- Clean FBI and BCI report.
- Submission of completed student teaching application by required deadline.
- Approval from the Student Teaching committee.
Higher Education Master's Comprehensive Exams
Master's Comprehensive Exams for the Higher Education Administration program will be administered on Saturday, Oct. 21, from 9:00 a.m. to noon. Deadline to sign up is Saturday, Oct. 7.
Fall 2017 CAEP Accreditation Visit
The LeBron James Family Foundation College of Education at the University of Akron is hosting an accreditation visit by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) on October 15-17, 2017. Interested parties are invited to submit third-party comments to the visiting team. Please note that comments must address substantive matters related to the quality of professional education programs offered, and should specify the party’s relationship to the EPP (i.e., graduate, present or former faculty member, employer of graduates).
For details, please review: Third-Party Comments