Choose from four master's degree programs in the School of Education
- Educational Administration and Leadership (Principalship), MA
Designed to prepare candidates for Ohio state principalship license. Learn more about our Principalship program here.
- Elementary Education with Literacy Option, MA
Designed for current elementary school teachers.
- Curriculum and Instruction, MA
This program in Curriculum and Instruction is designed for educators who are interested in deepening their knowledge of teaching and learning in K-12, higher education, and other settings. The program consists of foundation courses in curriculum and instruction as well as investigation and application of the concepts in the work setting through a capstone active research project. Students select elective courses that may correspond to an established area of concentration leading to a possible endorsement on the state teaching license.
Depending on the area of concentration, the program may be completed fully online. Established areas of concentration include Instructional Technology (online), STEM, and TESOL (Teaching English as a Second Language, online) , content area courses for dual credit (some online depending on content area), and early childhood generalist. Students may also select courses in other curriculum and instruction focus areas in consultation with their faculty advisor.Endorsements: Educators who hold a teaching license may apply for endorsements, including Computer Technology Endorsement, TESOL Endorsement, Early Childhood Generalist Endorsement, or Reading Endorsement, after completing required credits and the required OAE assessment for the endorsements.
- Curriculum & Instruction with Licensure Options, MS
Designed for those who do not hold a teacher's license, but have an undergraduate degree in a different field.
Adolescent to Young Adult (grades 7-12) licensure options:
- Integrated Social Studies
- Integrated Language Arts
- Integrated Mathematics
- Life Science
- Earth Science
- Life and Earth Science
- Life Science and Chemistry
- Life Science and Physics
- Chemistry and Physics
- Earth Science
- Earth Science and Chemistry
- Earth Science and Physics
Multi-Age (P-12) specializations include:
- Visual Arts
Graduate Level Endorsements
- Computer/Technology Endorsement (available online)
- Early Childhood Generalist Endorsement (Grades 4-5)
- Reading Endorsement (available online)
- Teaching English as a Second Language (TESOL) Endorsement
Graduate Level Certificate
Education-related Graduate Program
- This program is part of the School of Counseling in the College of Health and Human Sciences.
- You must be admitted to that college to enroll in this program.
- Contact Dr. Delila Owens for more information.
How to apply
- You must apply to the Graduate School for any and all graduate degrees.
- See everything you need to know and prepare before you apply to the Graduate School
- In the application, you can indicate your interest in the School of Education graduate program.
Quick Links for Graduate Students