Partnerships in medicine, dentistry, and pharmacy
Early Assurance Pathway
- Northeast Ohio Medical University College of Medicine
The Early Assurance Pathway is the newest partnership pathway in more than 40 years of collaboration between The University of Akron and Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED) to educate future health care professionals. This unique opportunity allows UA UA students to secure a seat, early, in a future medical school class at NEOMED.
NEOMED's College of Pharmacy also offers an Early Assurance Pathway for students. More information.
Early Acceptance Program (EAP)
- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
- College of Osteopathic Medicine
- School of Dental Medicine
- School of Pharmacy
The Early Acceptance Program (EAP) is a four-year undergraduate program of study at The University of Akron leading to Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) with a reserved seat in their College of Osteopathic Medicine, School of Dental Medicine, or School of Pharmacy.
Each year LECOM can admit up to five UA students into their College of Osteopathic Medicine, School of Dental Medicine, or School of Pharmacy. Students can apply in their senior year of high school or before the start of their third year at The University of Akron. More information.
* All of the partnerships programs require students to be either U.S. citizens or permanent residents with the exception of pharmacy. See the FAQs for each partnership for eligibility requirements.