Working with UA and its Research Foundation
The University of Akron's research services offer support for:
- Providing access to research expertise
- Facilitating testing and research services
- Licensing UA technology
- Providing graduate student interns
- Entrepreneurs and startups:
- Conducting customer discovery and market research
- Mentorship by experienced UARF Senior Fellows
- Providing paths to funding
- Adding student interns to supplement your team
- Supporting grant applications
- Helping with technology commercialization
- Partnering to reach out to customers and learn about markets
- Patenting and licensing new technologies
- Providing internships and unique opportunities
- Forming teams to learn what its like to launch a product through I-Corps Sites
- Making investment recommendations on real companies through NEOSVF
- Supporting area businesses through internship partnerships
The more than $4 million received is for topics ranging from designing new materials inspired by a bird’s nest to 3D printing and nanocomposites.
Dr. Abraham Joy has been awarded $200K for his solution in the opiate crisis — one that offers greater protection to paramedics and police officers.
Bio-inspired coastal infrastructure, nutrient-monitoring spectrometer and K-12 education may all contribute to improving water quality.
An origami artist and a Harvard physicist are among the upcoming speakers in annual series that focuses on the intersection of art and science.