THE GRADUATE SCHOOL
The University of Akron’s Graduate School offers advanced degrees in liberal arts, the sciences and various professional fields.
Information for currently enrolled graduate students.
NEWLY ADMITTED STUDENTS
Congratulations on your acceptance! What to do next.
FACULTY & STAFF
Dates and deadlines
- Aug. 22 - Graduate assistant orientation (Part II)
- Aug. 27 - Fall classes begin
- Sept. 3 - Labor Day (University closed)
- Sept. 7 - Graduate assistant orientation (Part II)
- Sept. 9 - Last day to add a class for Fall 2018
- Sept. 21 - Graduate assistant orientation (Part III)
- Nov. 1 - Graduation application due
- Nov. 19 - Final thesis and dissertation deadline
- Nov. 22-25 - Thanksgiving recess
- Dec. 10-16 - Final examination period
- Dec. 15 - Commencement
Inside the school
The Graduate School
Leigh Hall, Room 515
Akron, Ohio 44325-2101
Phone: (330) 972-7663
Fax: (330) 972-6475
The advantages of living and studying in Akron.