Dr. Mesfin Tsige
Mesfin Tsige is a Professor at the School of Polymer Science and Polymer Engineering at The University of Akron. He obtained B.S. and M.S. degrees in Physics from Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia. He received the Ph.D. degree in condensed matter physics from Case Western Reserve University in 2001. He then went to Sandia National Laboratories and after four years as post-doctoral researcher he joined the faculty in the department of Physics at Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, achieving the rank of Associate Professor before moving to the University of Akron in 2010.
Tsige's research interests include computational polymer science and soft condensed matter physics, structure and dynamics of molecules at surfaces and interfaces, elastic and failure behavior of thermosetting polymers, molecular transport through nanostructured materials and interaction of water with surfaces.
- High Adsorption of Benzoic Acid on Single Walled Carbon Nanotube Bundles
1 Dec 2020 Scientific Reports 10(1):10013
Li S, De Silva T, Arsano I, Gallaba D, Karunanithy R, Wasala M, Zhang X, Sivakumar P, Migone A, Tsige M, Ma X, Talapatra S
- Adsorption of Benzoic Acid: Structural Organization on the Surfaces of Pristine and Functionalized Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes
26 Oct 2020
Arsano I, Ma X, Talapatra S, Tsige M
- Rational Control of Self‐Recognition of Macroionic γ‐Cyclodextrin by Host‐Guest Interaction with Super‐Chaotropic Borate Cluster Ions
1 Oct 2020 ChemPlusChem 85(10):2316-2319
Chen J, Luo J, Bekele S, Tsige M, Liu T
- Spreading Dynamics of Water Droplets on a Completely Wetting Surface
17 Sep 2020 The Journal of Physical Chemistry C 124(37):20109-20115
Bekele S, Evans OG, Tsige M
- Co-ion Effects in the Self-Assembly of Macroions: From Co-ions to Co-macroions and to the Unique Feature of Self-Recognition.
8 Sep 2020 Langmuir 36(35):10519-10527
Chen J, Qian K, Xiao K, Luo J, Li H, Ma T, Kortz U, Tsige M, Liu T
- Tuning Solvent Quality Induces Morphological Phase Transitions in Miktoarm Star Polymer Films
11 Aug 2020 Macromolecules 53(15):6151-6162
Workineh ZG, Pellicane G, Tsige M
- Investigating nature of stresses in extension and compression of glassy polymers via stress relaxation
1 Aug 2020 Polymer 202:122517
Liu J, Zheng Y, Zhao Z, Yuan M, Tsige M, Wang S-Q
- Probing calcium solvation by XAS, MD and DFT calculations
21 Jul 2020 RSC Advances 10(46):27315-27321
Yang F, Liu Y-S, Feng X, Qian K, Kao LC, Ha Y, Hahn NT, Seguin TJ, Tsige M, Yang W, Zavadil KR, Persson KA, Guo J
- Continuous Curvature Change into Controllable and Responsive Onion-like Vesicles by Rigid Sphere-Rod Amphiphiles.
25 Feb 2020 ACS Nano 14(2):1811-1822
Luo J, Liu T, Qian K, Wei B, Hu Y, Gao M, Sun X, Lin Z, Chen J, Bera MK, Chen Y, Zhang R, Mao J, Wesdemiotis C, Tsige M, Cheng SZD, Liu T
- Structure and Dynamics of Nanoconfined Water Between Surfactant Monolayers.
14 Jan 2020 Langmuir 36(1):447-455
Ziolek RM, Fraternali F, Dhinojwala A, Tsige M, Lorenz CD
- 2001 Ph.D., Physics, Case Western Reserve University
- 1995 Advanced Diploma in Condensed Matter Physics, International Center for Theoretical Physics (ICTP), Trieste, Italy
- 1994 M.S., Physics, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia