AKRON LAW HONORS SCHOLARS
Akron Law invites a select number of exceptional incoming J.D. students to join our Honors Scholars program. Selection is based on a student’s undergraduate GPA, LSAT or GRE, leadership experience, and other factors that demonstrate a student’s outstanding potential. No separate application is required.
We offer generous scholarships that are guaranteed for up to three years of full-time study or four years of part-time study, so long as the recipient remains in good standing. Some Honors Scholars may be awarded full tuition scholarships.
All Honors Scholars have the opportunity to participate in a unique and robust combination of activities during their time at Akron Law.
These activities include:
- A special Honors seminar taught by the dean, the associate dean and multiple faculty members. The course will cover such topics such as international law, media law, human rights, privacy law, intellectual property, environmental law, gender and sexual orientation, race theory, and corporate theory
- Small-group networking receptions and lunches with VIP guests, including judges, practicing attorneys, corporate counsel, and legal scholars
- Special Invitations to exclusive presentations by practicing attorneys, judges, and legal scholars
- An annual Honors Scholars reception and induction ceremony hosted by the dean, and special recognition at graduation
- The opportunity to audition for the Honors Moot Court team
- Priority registration in the Lawyers as Leaders seminar taught by the dean along with guest speakers. Optional receptions will be held with guests after some of the class meetings
- Priority placement in judicial externships or other choice externships designed to provide meaningful experiential learning.
- A dedicated Honors Scholars faculty advisor who offers academic and career advice designed to guide students toward their greatest potential.