Commencement location and parking
E.J. Thomas Performing Arts Hall, 198 Hill St. in Akron, is one of the premier performance venues in the region. With its three levels of tiered seating, it is the ideal site for our Commencement ceremonies.
Thomas Hall provides accessible seating in its Orchestra and Grand Tier levels for guests in wheelchairs or with special needs. Adjacent seating for a companion is available in both areas. Guests with special needs should arrive early, as seating is limited. Accessible restrooms are located at the bottom of the ramps on both sides of the building.
For guests with hearing impairment, a special sound system is available at the Main Lobby Information Counter, and a sign language interpreter will sign the ceremony. Guests requiring these services should see an usher for assistance.
All University lots are open for commencement; no permits are required.
- the Thomas Hall deck (show on map),
- the North Campus Parking Deck on East Buchtel Avenue (map),
- Lot 27, immediately east of the hall on East Buchtel Avenue (map)
- Lot 45 at Lincoln and South Forge streets (map),
- Lot 34 near the Computer Center and McDowell Law Center (map), and
- Lot 43 near the Buckingham Center (map).
For guests who require handicap-accessible parking, a limited number of spaces are available on a first-come basis in the Thomas Hall parking deck and in Lot 26 (map) and Lot 27 (map). A valid permit must be displayed.
Police will be on hand to guide motorists.
Questions about parking? Call 330-972-7213.
This map shows E.J. Thomas Hall, 198 Hill St. in Akron.