CAREERS & JOB PLACEMENT
The Co-op and Placement Office can also help you secure a permanent, full-time job as you near graduation.
Did you know?
Full-time salaries are likely to be higher if you participate in a co-op than a similar-degree student who has not participated in the program. Employers report that they are more likely to hire someone with co-op experience than without. Even if you are looking for a different type of permanent, full-time experience from what the co-op provided, we can still help and provide guidance with your next steps after graduating.
97 percent of spring 2021 engineering bachelor's degree graduates have participated in at least one form of experiential learning.
If you never had a co-op, we can still help.
The co-op and placement office can help any undergraduate engineering student with permanent placement, regardless of whether or not you have held a co-op position as an engineering student.
“The co-op and placement office made planning for post-grad life so easy! They consistently sent out my resume to their corporate connections on my behalf. When they heard about a newly posted position at a local engineering firm, they called me right away. They are completely committed to student success.”— Juan Camacho, B.S. in Biomedical Engineering, '19
Median Salaries of 2021 May Graduates with BS Degrees:
- Aerospace Systems Engineering: $70,000
- Automated Manufacturing Engineering: $55,000
- Biomedical Engineering: $60,000
- Chemical Engineering: $72,500
- Civil Engineering: $57,000
- Computer Engineering: $70,000
- Computer Information Systems: $61,250
- Computer Science: $64,000
- Construction Engineering Technology: $60,000
- Corrosion Engineering: $66,000
- Electrical Engineering: $65,000
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering Technology: $65,000
- Mechanical Engineering: $65,000
- Mechanical Engineering Technology: $58,000
- Surveying and Mapping: $52,000
The Co-op and Placement Office regularly works with UA alumni. If you are making a career transition, we can connect you with new job opportunities.