About the College Credit Plus program
The College Credit Plus (CCP) program was created by the Ohio Legislature to allow students to enroll in a college or university to earn both college credit and credit for classes while in grades 7-12.
Advantages for college-level learning during 7th-12th grade:
- Strengthening the middle and high school curriculum and raising expectations for high school students.
- Reducing the total number of credits needed to be earned in college.
- Potentially reducing the time required for the baccalaureate and out-of-pocket costs to you.
- Enriching the undergraduate college curriculum by lessening the need to take introductory courses, consequently allowing earlier entry into advanced courses, facilitation of double majors, or permitting additional electives.
Costs included with the CCP program for students receiving dual credit:
- All tuition and fees applied at the time of registration
- Registration fees
- Including changes in UA course schedule if changes are due to secondary school schedule conflicts initiated by a UA administrator
- All required textbooks and non-consumable items (not applicable for homeschooled students*)
- Please note: All items must be returned at the end of the term
Costs not included:
- Parking pass and/or fees are the responsibility of the student (applies to the Akron campus only)
- *Homeschooled students are responsible for purchasing their required textbooks
CURRENT CCP STUDENTS
Director of College Credit Plus
Associate Director of Admissions
Director of Educational Outreach
- Office of Admissions | 330-972-7100 or 1-800-655-4884
- Barnes & Noble campus bookstore | 330-972-7624
- Office of Student Financial Aid | 330-972-7032 or 1-800-621-3847
- IT Help Desk | 330-972-6888