What is the CoB EDGE?
The CoB EDGE is a professional development program designed to allow College of Business students to track their participation in events and experiences that lead to career readiness. These professional events and experiences focus on:
- Academic preparation
- Relevant work experience
- Personal leadership training
- Network/CoB community
- Business communication training
- Global experiences
How do you build your CoB EDGE?
- Attend a Career Fair
- Have your resume reviewed
- CoB student organization membership
- Complete personal leadership skills course
- Attend "Real People, Real Careers" speaker series
- Attend Suit-Up events/workshops
- Participate in a mock interview
- Attend a company visit
- Complete an online career assessment
- Join the Coach & Connect Mentoring Program
- Take a foreign language class
- Business communications training
- Complete and internship/co-op
- Participate in a regional/national competition
- AND MORE!
Track your CoB EDGE
Students can view a listing of upcoming activities and track their EDGE progress through Suitable.
Step 1: Go to https://app.suitable.co
Step 2: Enter your UserID@zips.akron.edu email address and click 'Continue'
Step 3: Click 'Sign in' next to CoB Professional Development and log-in through the University of Akron portal using your UserID@zips.akron.edu email and password
Step 1: Search "Suitable" in your app store and download the Suitable app
Step 2: Use your UserID@zips.akron.edu email to log-in
Step 3: Click 'Continue' and log-in through the University of Akron portal using your UserID@zips.akron.edu email and password
Note: You must give the Suitable app access to your camera to scan event codes
Step 4: You're all set! Navigate to the 'Activities' tab to see what's coming up; Navigate to the 'Achievements' tab to view your progress in EDGE
Graduate with CoB EDGE Honors
Events and activities are categorized by a point system ranging from 10-75 points. Earn EDGE Honors by earning 400 points.
Students graduating with CoB EDGE Honors will receive a medal to keep and display at UA Commencement.
If you are interested in CoB EDGE or have questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consult the EDGE Brochure for more details.