Diversity Dialogue Series to focus on role of diversity and inclusion professionals10/20/2020
The Office of Inclusion and Equity at The University of Akron is a hub for candid, critical conversations and promoting an inclusive environment, where we aspire toward celebrating difference, engaging and supporting the community.
Join our campus and local community leaders on Thursday, Oct. 22, at 3 p.m. for a virtual discussion as we examine the important role of diversity and inclusion professionals in the current climate brought on by COVID-19; the powerful protests precipitated by the deaths of Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery and George Floyd; the long-term effects on the community; and possible solutions as we move forward.
We will welcome panelists:
- Robert DeJournett, vice president, opportunity and inclusion, Greater Akron Chamber;
- Dr. Bennyce Hamilton, director of diversity and multicultural services and deputy Title IX coordinator, Miami University Regionals;
- Andre Lessears, director, diversity and inclusion, Cleveland Clinic Akron General;
- Dr. Dana Lawless-Andric, associate vice president, university outreach and engagement, Kent State University; and
- Dee Dee Pitts, executive director of equity and inclusion, The University of Akron.
These conversations, moderated by Jolene Lane, UA’s vice president for inclusion and equity and chief diversity officer, will take place virtually, via Microsoft Teams. Join Microsoft Teams Meeting or call +1 234-303-1149 United States, Akron (Toll), Conference ID: 588 797 009#.