Surveying and Mapping BS Undergraduate Program Accreditation
The Surveying and Mapping B.S. undergraduate program offered by the Department of Civil Engineering at The University of Akron is accredited by the Applied and Natural Science Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.
Program Educational Objectives
Program educational objectives are broad statements that describe what graduates are expected to attain within a few years after graduation. Program educational objectives are based on the needs of the program’s constituencies. The educational objectives for the Surveying and Mapping program are for graduates to attain:
- The ability to progress toward professional licensure.
- The ability to manage a growing variety of geospatial data.
- The ability to provide project team leadership within professional settings.
- An increasing ability to apply professional ethics in a variety of situations.
Student outcomes describe what students are expected to know and are able to do by the time of graduation. These relate to the knowledge, skills, and behaviors that students acquire as they progress through the program. The BS Surveying and Mapping program will demonstrate that graduates have:
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve broadly defined technical or scientific problems by applying knowledge of mathematics and science and/or technical topics to areas relevant to the discipline
- An ability to formulate or design a system, process, procedure or program to meet desired needs
- An ability to develop and conduct experiments or test hypotheses, analyze and interpret data and use scientific judgment to draw conclusions
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- An ability to understand ethical and professional responsibilities and the impact of technical and/or scientific solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- An ability to function effectively on teams that establish goals, plan tasks, meet deadlines, and analyze risk and uncertainty
- An ability to pass the NCEES Fundamentals of Surveying (FS) exam
Enrollment and Graduation Data
Check out our webpage that lists undergraduate student enrollment data.