BS in Construction Engineering Technology Program Accreditation
The bachelor's degree program in Construction Engineering Technology is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.
Program Educational Objectives
Program educational objectives are broad statements that describe what graduates are expected to attain within a few years after graduation. Program educational objectives are based on the needs of the program’s constituencies (i.e., students, alumni, employers of our students, and faculty of the program), including being able to:
- effectively apply the concepts of construction engineering, including fundamentals of design and project management.
- have the skills and knowledge to be successfully employed in mid- to upper-level management and leadership roles in the construction engineering technology field.
- conduct work with an appropriate level of broad-based technical expertise related to construction administration and project management.
- conduct business with the knowledge, dexterity, and communication skills needed to deal with fellow workers, clients, and the public.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve broadly defined technical or scientific problems by applying knowledge of mathematics and science and/or technical topics to areas relevant to the discipline;
- An ability to formulate or design a system, process, procedure or program to meet desired needs;
- An ability to develop and conduct experiments or test hypotheses, analyze and interpret data and use scientific judgment to draw conclusions;
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences;
- An ability to understand ethical and professional responsibilities and the impact of technical and/or scientific solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts;
- An ability to function effectively on teams that establish goals, plan tasks, meet deadlines, and analyze risk and uncertainty.
Enrollment and graduation data for the Bachelor of Science degree program in Construction Engineering Technology can be found here.