Master of Science in Biomedical Engineering
Prepare yourself for increased technical expertise and the opportunity to customize your program with our Master of Science in Engineering Degree that prepares students for careers in industry, government, or academia.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The program is ideal for applicants with a bachelor’s degree in biomedical or mechanical engineering.
Our thesis-option provides students with a deeper understanding of the fundamentals learned in their undergraduate biomedical engineering courses.
Our non-thesis option allows individuals to take a multidisciplinary approach to their engineering graduate program, an attractive option for students with interests beyond their chosen engineering major. Evening classes are available for individuals who are working full-time in local companies.
The thesis option is suited for students who are committed to complete immersion in the practice of biomedical engineering and research. Students interested in the doctoral program continue their education from this path.
Many students choose the non-thesis option to support their varied interests. This degree program allows students to design the program to meet their needs.
|Engineering Courses||11 credits|
|Approved Electives||12-14 credits|
|Master's Thesis||6 credits|
|Engineering Courses||18 credits|
|Approved Mathematics/Science||3 credits|
|Approved Electives||9 credits|
|Engineering Report||2 credits|
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline is required. If you are a UA graduate or graduate from an ABET accredited program, GRE is waived.
- Undergraduate GPA: 3 (on the scale of 4)
- GRE score (one of the following combinations):
- Analytical Writing = 3, Minimum Quantitative Score = 159
- Analytical Writing = 3.5, Minimum Quantitative Score = 153
- Analytical Writing = 4, Minimum Quantitative Score = 149
- Analytical Writing = 4.5, Minimum Quantitative Score = 146
- International students must complete an English language equivalency test as part of their admission to a UA graduate program. Your TOEFL score must be one of the following:
- Internet-based: 79
- Computer-based: 213
- Paper-based: 550
- Domestic students who graduated from an ABET accredited engineering program only need to submit a transcript and letters of recommendation.
- Domestic students who have not graduated from an accredited engineering program must take the GRE.
Interested in a specialized master's degree? Browse our other graduate degree programs and find the one that's right for you.