The College of Engineering and Polymer Science is committed to your academic success as an engineering student. We believe it is our duty as educators to make sure what we teach sticks, and we do that by providing you with tools to help you excel during your time as an engineering student.
Academic support services:
- Academic Advising — You are not in this journey alone. Our knowledgeable and friendly academic advisors are here to make sure you are taking the right steps to complete your degree.
- Engineering Tutoring Program — Our tutoring program helps undergraduate students majoring in any field of engineering. From Statics to Calculus III and everything in between, our tutors will meet with you in groups or individually to help you deepen your understanding of the subject.
- Tech Resources- We have provided a list of technology recommendations that will support your academic success as an engineering student at UA.
- Increasing Diversity in Engineering Academics (IDEAs) Program- This program provides a community for underrepresented students studying engineering and promotes the importance of equity, inclusion and excellence in the College.
- Student Organizations — Whether it is Engineering Student Council, Tau Beta Pi, or one of our many other student groups, students can form bonds, make new study partners, and boost skills like leadership, teamwork, and time management.
- Student Design Teams — When you get involved with on-campus student organizations, you connect with fellow classmates, make friends, and learn from each other while applying classroom theory to a major design project (building a rocket or a Formula-like race car, to name a few).
- Women in Engineering Program — Our focus is on recruiting and retaining women engineering students, and we do that through outreach activities, professional development opportunities, and building a community of women who are as committed to their success as they are to helping each other.