UA faculty-led programs
NOTE: At present, UA is supporting faculty-led programs only on a case-by-case basis. Check back for details.
Before you depart:
- Complete the Student Conduct Study Abroad Release form
- Health & Emergency Information form
- Program Participation Agreement and Release and Waiver of Liability form
- Consult with the UA Financial Aid Office if needed
- Register with STEP (Smart Traveler Enrollment Program)
Passport & visa
Please note: Passport processing times have increased due to covid. If you plan to travel abroad, make applying for a passport your FIRST STEP. Expect up to 18 weeks for routine service and 12 weeks for expedited service. Check the US government travel site for more details on applying and wait times.
- Your passport should generally be valid at least six months beyond the date of your anticipated return to the U.S.
- If a visa is required for entry to your destination, the faculty director will provide guidance on how to obtain the visa.
Information about your health insurance
You can find out more information about the insurance you will have to purchase on the Insurance FAQ page.
Check for scholarship opportunities
There are a variety of scholarship opportunities for students wishing to study abroad.
Check the additional resources
There are a number of additional resources that can be helpful to students planning to study abroad.
For students from another institution outside of UA that will be participating in a UA faculty-led program, make sure to keep in touch with the faculty leader for any additional steps you might have to take.