CBA Dean’s Excellence Awards
Since 2008, the College of Business Administration (CBA) has recognized outstanding faculty achievements in research, teaching and service. Honorees are chosen by a committee of their peers, receive a commemorative plaque, and are recognized at an annual CBA year-end event.
In 2012, a fourth award was added to recognize outstanding achievement by a member of the administrative staff. In 2019, the teaching award was expanded to recognize teaching excellence at the undergraduate as well as graduate levels. Additionally, The Roger T. Read Advisory Board Engagement Award was established.
- Teaching Excellence Award recognizes consistent faculty excellence in teaching and service to students. It seeks to identify and recognize teachers who effectively enhance student learning and demonstrate a high level of knowledge, skills, and commitment to student learning, motivation, and development.
- Research Excellence Award rewards excellence in research and scholarship and is based on scholarly and professional work of exceptional quality and significance.
- Service Excellence Award recognizes consistent faculty excellence above and beyond the call of duty in service to the department, college, and university.
- Staff Excellence Award recognizes the impact of CBA contract professionals and staff on the quality of the CBA through significant and sustained service.
- The Roger T. Read Advisory Board Engagement Award recognizes outstanding service and engagement in the College of Business Administration by a CBA advisory board member.