Early Childhood Inclusive Teacher Preparation (Age 3 thru Grade 5)
Early Childhood Education Fundamentals
The Early Childhood Inclusive Teacher Preparation Program (Age 3 thru Grade 5), prepares teachers to effectively work in inclusive educational settings, serving needs of children from preschool through grade 5, typically developing children and/or with mild/moderate/intensive educational needs. Learn how to tailor your lessons around the developmental stages of your students as you introduce them to numbers, language, science and social studies.
Our core curriculum combines theory and practice to prepare you for licensure to work in preschools, child care centers, or to teach in primary schools. You will:
- Learn techniques to establish positive learning environments and how to plan, implement and evaluate
instructional programs to best meet the needs of all your students.
- Have the opportunity to earn two licenses in 130 hours.
- Have high marketability in finding jobs upon graduation.
- Develop confidence in meeting the needs of all students.
- Experience field opportunities in a co-teaching clinical model.
- Learn best practices from faculty and school-based teachers.
- Build your own effective teaching style.
- are innovative and interactive
- win teaching awards
- use multimedia technology to enhance classroom learning
- Center for Literacy at The University of Akron
- H. K. Barker Center for Economic Education
- Urban STEM Education Center
- Akron Public Schools I PROMISE School
- Choose Ohio First Scholarship Program: STEM
- Community Connectors Mentoring Program (Barberton High School)
- National Inventor's Hall of Fame STEM Middle School (Akron Public Schools)
- NE Ohio ACHIEVE TESOL Training
- FIRST Lego League
Page maintained by the Department of University Communications and Marketing. Request a change to this page.