Enrollment certification request process

Please complete and sign the Veterans Enrollment Certification Form and Veteran’s Responsibilities Form prior to each semester.

Please initial each paragraph of the Veteran’s Responsibility Form.

Return these forms to the Military Services Center in order to receive your GI Bill Benefits.

If these forms are not completed and returned to the Military Services Center you will not receive your monthly stipend or Basic Allowance for Housing from the Veterans Administration.

Once the Military Services Center certifies your class schedule to the Department of Veterans Affairs, a registration hold will be placed on your account.

Schedule changes

Schedule changes made after certification must be processed by the Military Services Center to ensure that corrections are submitted to the DVA in a timely manner.

If you have changed your major, you must also complete one of the following forms:

  1. Request for Change of Program or Place of Training VA Form 22-1995 (Chapters 30, 32, 33, 1606 & 1607)
  2. Dependants’ Request for Change of Program or Place of Training VA Form 22-5495 (Chapters 33 & 35) 

Marking degree progress: DPR

DPR, or the Degree Progress Report, is an online tool that helps students track progress toward a degree. DPR can be accessed by logging into My Akron, and on the left clicking on the gold My DPR icon. Instruction to use DPR.