Suicide Prevention Resources
Make an on-campus referral
Or contact the CARE Team.
- Counseling and Testing Center
Simmons Hall 306
- Student Health Services
Rec Center 260
- UA Police
- For UA Employees - The IMPACT Employee Assistance (EAP) & Work/Life Program is available 24 hour a day, 7 days a week by calling 800-227-6007.
- Dr. Jane Fink, Coordinator of Counseling
and Accessibility Services
- A Friend Asks
- Ask and Prevent Suicide
- Suicide Safe
- MY 3
- Stay Alive
- Operation Reach Out (Vets)
- You Are Important (LGBTQ)
Additional UA sites
- Portage Path Support Hotline, 330-434-9144
- Greenleaf Family Center
580 Grant Street Akron, Ohio 44311
- Akron General Hospital
1 Akron General Avenue
Akron, OH 44307
- Summa Akron City Hospital
525 E Market St, Akron, OH 44304
- Summit County Suicide Prevention Coalition
330-434-1214 ext. 106
1867 W. Market Street, Suite B2
Akron, OH 44313-6914
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, 800-273-8255
Crisis Text Line
Text “Start” to 741-741
- The Trevor Project - a nationwide, 24 hour hotline. If you are considering suicide or need help, call 866-488-7386.
- It Gets Better - supportive videos for LGBTQ persons, particularly those dealing with discrimination and bullying.
- Trans Lifeline website or 877-565-8860
For Students of Color
- The Steve Fund - dedicated to the mental health and emotional well-being of students of color.
- National Organization for People of Color Against Suicide