UA services available over the holidays
This page describes the University services that will be available:
- while the University is closed Monday, Dec. 24, 2018 through Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2019 (except for facilities and personnel required to conduct previously scheduled events and maintain essential physical infrastructure and safety.),
- when UA reopens Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2019 until spring semester 2019 classes begin Monday, Jan. 14, 2019.
ASB Student Leader Outcomes
- Equip students with the knowledge, skills, and confidence necessary to lead a group of their peers through activities and educational material for a successful service trip.
- Facilitate meaningful reflection and team building activities
- Assist the Trip Advisors with organizing and other planning material related to trip logistics
- Provide an opportunity for self-reflection and personal and professional development for student site leaders.
- Understand their own work styles and capitalize on their strengths while becoming aware of areas for further growth and development
- Gain and utilize transferable skills including communication, conflict & time management, teamwork, and collaboration
- Provide a framework through which students will learn to address pressing societal issues and initiate meaningful conversation about ways to impact a community.
- Think critically about their own philosophy of service and how it is shaped by their positions of power, privilege and oppression within a community
- Articulate and navigate the positive and negative implications of short-term service
Provide thoughtful insight about the who, the what, and now what
ASB Student Leader Expectations
SLs are expected to:
- Complete all projects outlined in the curriculum and effectively present them to ASB group
- Familiarize and understand the mission, programs, and projects for ASB trip
- Attend scheduled meetings and arrive on time for meetings
- Maintain a professional, friendly, respectful, helpful, supportive and team-like atmosphere among ASB participants, Trip Advisors, and nonprofit partners