Benefits information for employees
Benefits are an important part of your total compensation. We strive to provide high-quality, affordable, family-friendly benefit offerings to meet the needs of our diverse workforce.
- ADA Americans with Disabilities Act
- Insurance benefits for calendar year 2019, including Flexible Spending Accounts, Workers' Compensation and the Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition remission
- Retirement planning
- Affordable Care Act
- Whom to call with questions
UA goes tobacco-free
The University of Akron is tobacco-free, in keeping with our goal of being a safe, healthy, clean, respectful and welcoming campus. Read the University Rule.
There are resources available to assist employees with this change.
- Through IMPACT SOLUTIONS and the Employee Assistance & Work Life Program, a free QUIT CENTER is offered for employees.
- Smoking-cessation medications are available through the University’s pharmacy benefit. These medications are available with a zero co-payment for a 168-day supply. After the 168-day supply, the plan’s applicable copayment will apply.
2019 Medicare D Creditable Coverage notice
This notice has information about your current prescription drug coverage with the University and about your options under Medicare’s prescription drug coverage.
New Health Insurance Marketplace Coverage Options
and Your Health Coverage notice
This notice part of the Affordable Care Act, informs employees about the existence of the health benefits exchange and gives a description of the services provided by the exchange.
Children's Health Insurance (CHIP) Coverage notice
This notice has information about premium assistance under Medicaid and the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP).