A Week Celebrating the Class of 2021!
Zip n Paint
Monday, April 26, 7 p.m.
Join Campus Programs and All Fired Up for a fully virtual painting experience, where a paint instructor will guide you through an amazing painting session. Let the host entertain as you follow step by step instructions from the instructor to paint the skyline of Akron (attached is the painting). Supplies will be provided to all participants and can be picked up at the Department of Student Life Administration Desk (1st floor of the Student Union across from the Roo Lounge) starting April 21-23. The Zoom link will be provided to all registered participants in the afternoon of April 26th. Limited spots available! Reserve your spot here.
LinkedIn Rock Your Profile
Tuesday, April 27
Explore how to create a LinkedIn profile that brings your personal career story to life, whether you’re just starting out, seeking to advance, or building your professional network. This session is presented by LinkedIn professional staff specifically for UA students, contract professionals, and staff on how to build your LinkedIn profile. Registration is on Handshake.
Creating Your Financial Foundation: Budgeting, Saving, and Credit – Where Do I Start?
Tuesday, April 27, noon or 6 p.m.
It is never to early to start thinking of your financial freedom. Join PNC on to discuss taking control of your finances after graduation. Register for one of the times.. The event link will be provided to you the day of the event.
Wednesday, April 28, 11 a.m. and Thursday, April 29 at 2 p.m.
Hear tips on how to use Handshake, create a profile, and Q&A. Join on WebEx.
Wednesday, April 28, 7-8 p.m.
Join alumni Willy Kollman and Chris Stimler for UA Trivia. Try your luck at winning one of two $100 gift cards along with UA swag. Reserve your spot.
Social Media Challenges
Check out the Campus Programs Instagram - @uacampusprograms to participate in these challenges!
- Monday, April 26 – Take a poll on your favorites of Akron
- Tuesday, April 27 – Shout a faculty or staff member at UA
- Wednesday, April 28 – Share your best advice for a first year student
- Thursday, April 29 – Favorite UA tradition or event
- Friday, April 30 – Share your plans after graduation
Senior Picture Challenge on Instagram
Join Fraternity and Sorority Life and the Department of Student Life in the Senior Picture Challenge. Each day two photo prompts will be provided with an extra prompt on the Fraternity and Sorority Life Instagram. Tag your photos at @uastudentlife on Instagram or @akronfsl to participate. A participating senior will be drawn each day to win a $25 gift card.
Don’t forget to pick up your Class of 2021 pin at the bookstore or the Department of Student Life Administration Desk (across from the Roo Lounge on the 1st floor of the Jean Hower Taber Student Union).
Pick up your alumni t-shirt between Monday, April 26 through Friday, April 30, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Department of Student Life Administration Desk on behalf of the Alumni Association. Zip Card required; while supplies last.
Choose your free We are Akron or Forever a Zip decal, which can be picked up at the Department of Student Life Administration Desk between April 26-30 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Graduating seniors can choose 1 decal.
so much more
- Free services provided by Career Services. Seniors who participate in the following activities during Senior Week will be entered into a drawing to win a gift! Each activity earns one drawing entry.
- Virtual appointment with your career coordinator to either review your resume/cover letter, practice your interviewing skills, or search for jobs!
- Completion of First Destination Survey to let Career Services know your plans after graduation.
- Headshot station to take a professional picture for your LinkedIn or Handshake account – located on the second floor of the Jean Hower Taber Student Union across from Career Services.
- Campus Programs has joined with select local restaurants in Akron and in the Student Union to offer seniors an envelope full of discounts. Reserve your spot to get yours. Limited spots available.
Note: none of the physical give-away items available will be shipped. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.