Viewing & Accepting Aid
To view your financial aid online:
- Go to MyAkron.
- Enter your UANet ID and password.
- Click on "Access My... Student Center."
- Scroll down to "Finances."
- Under the Finances tab, click on "View Financial Aid."
- Select the aid year that you wish to view.
To accept/decline/reduce your Federal Direct Loans:
- In MyAkron, click on "Accept/Decline Awards."
- Notice than an overview of your financial aid for the Award Year is shown at the top. Financial aid is split over the terms or semesters for which we anticipate you will be enrolled (Summer, Fall, and/or Spring). If you will not be enrolled for one of the semesters shown, contact us.
Things to keep in mind:
- Grants, scholarships, and "awards" are automatically accepted on your behalf in MyAkron.
- Pell Grants and Ohio College Opportunity Grants (OCOG) shown in MyAkron are based on full-time enrollment, which is 12+ credits for undergraduate students. If your enrollment is less than full-time, these grants will automatically pro-rate at the time of disbursement to match your enrollment.
- You cannot accept/decline/reduce awards that are shown in MyAkron as estimates.
- OCOG estimates will be finalized when eligibility information is received from the State of Ohio. This typically occurs in the few weeks before the first day of classes.
- PLUS/GradPLUS/Private Education loan estimates require additional steps.
- You must be enrolled at least half-time in order to be eligible for Federal loans (subsidized, unsubsidized, PLUS, and/or GradPLUS). Half-time enrollment is six credits for undergraduate students; five credits for graduate/law students. If you are not enrolled at least half-time, these loans will still appear in MyAkron as part of your financial aid award, but cannot disburse (apply) to your student account against University charges.