Corrosion Engineering Undergraduate Program Accreditation
The Corrosion Engineering undergraduate program offered by the Department of Chemical, Biomolecular, and Corrosion Engineering at The University of Akron is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.
Program Educational Objectives
The educational objectives of the Corrosion Engineering Program are that, within a few years of graduation, our Corrosion Engineering graduates:
- Make a positive technical contribution to their business, profession, and/or community
- Continue to develop their educational background and/or professional preparation
- Enhance the quality of their work life as practicing engineers by communicating well, working effectively on (multidisciplinary) teams, participating in service activities, and acting ethically in their professional duties
The Corrosion Engineering program has specified their student outcomes to be achieved by the time of graduation.
- (1) an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- (2) an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- (3) an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- (4) an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- (5) an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- (6) an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- (7) an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
Enrollment and Graduation Data
Check out our webpage that lists undergraduate student enrollment data.