Accelerated Bachelor of Science-Master of Taxation (B.S./MTax) Program
ACCELERATED OPTION: You can earn your bachelor's and master's in five years and at a significant savings: Accelerated degree option.
The Accelerated B.S./MTax program allows outstanding, full-time accounting students to earn both B.S. and MTax degrees by completing 150 semester hours of coursework, which is the minimum number of credit hours required to obtain the CPA license in Ohio and most other states. The program will provide students with funding opportunities for the fifth year through graduate assistantships, professional internships, and scholarships.
- In this program, students can earn a B.S. in Accounting and a master's in Taxation in 5 (4+1) years.
- Students in the Accelerated program have nearly 100% job placement prior to graduation, since we have the best students in the Accelerated program, and it is well-known by the employers.
- The program has dual-credit courses that count toward both the B.S. and the MTax degrees.
- You will pay undergraduate tuition for the dual-credit courses and these courses will count for your graduate degree as well. This yields significant saving for both your time and tuition.
- CPA exam review courses are built into the program.
- A master's degree provides long-term benefits including salary and career advancement.
If you are interested in this program, please contact:
- Kristina Floyd, Accelerated Accounting Advisor
- Professor Julianne Jones | Accelerated Programs Coordinator
- Dr. Li Wang | Director, School of Accountancy
Students currently admitted to this program may have different course requirements than those listed here. Refer to your Degree Progress Report (DPR) in My Akron for your program requirements.