Elizabeth Daiker, M.I.B
Title: Part Time Faculty
Dept/Program: Department of Finance
Dept/Program: Department of Finance
- Master of International Business Studies, University of South Carolina
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Miami University of Oxford, Ohio
Professional & Academic Experience
- Retirement Plan Consultant, ALERIS INTERNATIONAL, Beachwood, Ohio, April 2014-June 2014
- Worked as a contractor with the Retirement Programs Manager to manage heavy work volume during a corporate acquisition.
- Verified retirement plan activity during parallel payroll system testing and live integration of the newly acquired division.
- Audited and approved weekly payroll and recordkeeping files for all company divisions.
- Reviewed delinquent 401(k) loans and worked with payroll department and record keeper to correct.
- Retirement Plan Specialist, SKYLIGHT FINANCIAL GROUP, Brecksville, Ohio, August 2008-October 2012
- Assisted a financial advisor in maintaining relationships with small- and middle-market retirement plans.
- Coordinated and prepared materials for regular client relationship and investment reviews.
- Managed and prepared required annual participant notices.
- Acted as a liaison between clients and their service providers.
- Senior Client Services Consultant, SCHWAB CORPORATE SERVICES, Brecksville, Ohio, April 2003-June 2005
- Served as the primary contact for corporate sponsors of large, complex retirement plans.
- Coordinated the effort of all internal units providing service for my clients, including Participant Education, Investment Services, Recordkeeping and ERISA Compliance.
- Met with clients on a regular basis to perform formal investment and business reviews.
- Provided support for sales opportunities and participated in presentations.
- Senior Client Manager/Vice President, KEYBANK, Cleveland, Ohio, August 1999-October 2002
- Managed relationship with mid- to large-sized institutional retirement plan clients.
- Directly accountable for ensuring that all services were delivered in a timely and accurate manner.
- Met with clients on an ongoing basis to review the existing relationship and to recommend possible plan enhancements or solutions
- Performed regular investment performance reviews to monitor plan investment options.
- Developed education and communication programs for plan participants.
- Section Manager, KEYBANK, Brooklyn, Ohio, June 1997-August 1999
- Responsible for managing and training an eleven-person operations team servicing over 100 defined contribution plans.
- Led efforts to develop and implement projects designed to improve departmental efficiency and profitability.
- Communicated with clients, internal client managers, compliance and legal departments to ensure that client needs were met.
- Senior Plan Administrator, NESTLE USA, Solon, Ohio, March 1994-June 1997
- Coordinated defined contribution plan processing within Nestle and with the plan record keeper.
- Taught plan educational seminars for employees, including explanations of plan provisions, investment options and regulatory issues.
- Worked with human resource and payroll teams regarding plan document and design, compliance and administrative issues.
- Benefits Consultant, HEWITT ASSOCIATES, Lincolnshire, Illinois, January 1993-March 1994
- Performed administrative consulting for several large defined contribution plans
- Corresponded daily with clients, as well as conducting regular on-site client meetings.
- Coordinated the setup of daily valuation, voice response and online systems for several clients.
- Wrote users' guide and conducted on-site client training sessions for online system.
- Team Leader, FEDERATED DEPARTMENT STORE, Cincinnati, Ohio, June 1992-January 1993
- Trained and supervised a six-member audit team as a contractor
- Researched, compiled and reviewed employee retirement benefits records.
- Worked with human resource and benefits departments to obtain needed data, while working under and meeting strict deadlines.