Registered nursing is the largest health care occupation — RNs are often the first health care professionals with whom patients come in contact.
- Comprehensive program is based on professional standards and includes:
- education in nursing
- social, cultural, physical and natural sciences
- operational clinical decision-making
- are innovative and interactive
- use multimedia technology to enhance classroom learning
Clinical experience begins during the first semester of nursing program. Clinical partners include:
- Akron Children’s Hospital
- Cleveland Clinic - Akron General Medical Center
- Akron General Edwin Shaw Rehabilitation
- Brookdale Montrose
- Haven of Rest
- Head Start Center
- Mercy Medical Center
- Portage Path Community Mental Health Center
- Rockynol Retirement Community
- Summa Akron City Hospital
- Summa Barberton Hospital
- Summit County Health District
- Summit County Visiting Nurse Service
Nursing Student Organizations
- Intervarsity Nurses Christian Fellowship
- Men in Nursing
- Student Nurse Association
Undergraduate degree options
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- RN to BSN offered in classroom and online!
- Second-degree BSN (Accelerated BSN)
- For LPNs: Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Nursing — B.S.N.
- Nursing — RN/BSN - B.S.N.
- Nursing — LPN/BSN - B.S.N.
- Nursing — Accelerated Option - B.S.N.
Page maintained by the Department of University Communications and Marketing. Request a change to this page.