Exercise Science Fundamentals
The exercise science program prepares students through the study of human movement to pursue careers in health and fitness, personal training, strength and conditioning, cardiac rehabilitation and professional graduate programs.
This bachelor's degree program provides students the ability to focus their degree and choose an area of concentration:
- Applied Exercise Physiology
- Coaching and Conditioning
- Fitness Management
- Pre-Professional Concentration
- Affords students the opportunity to pursue a variety of employment opportunities in health and fitness, corporate wellness, research, clinical and strength and conditioning industries.
- Exercise Science also prepares students for graduate studies in exercise physiology, physical therapy and occupational therapy as well as for medical school, pharmacy school, chiropractic school, a career as a physician's assistant, and many other opportunities.
- are innovative and experienced
- infuse experiential learning, simulation and multimedia technology to enhance the classroom experience
- are active in current research, national organizations and local community agencies
- encourage students to be critical thinkers and problem solvers
The School of Sport Science and Wellness Education, located in InfoCision Stadium, provides opportunities for student-led research projects. Resources include:
- state-of-the-art laboratory and equipment required for evidence-based learning
Real World Experience
- The bachelor's degree program requires all students to complete a practicum (internship) of 120 to 180 hours prior to graduation
- Service learning and volunteer opportunities to be involved and give back to the community are built into coursework to prepare students for employment
- Collaboration with professionals in the field
- Interpersonal collaboration with multiple disciplines
Education Student Organizations
- The Exercise Science Club affords students opportunities to promote professional activity and networking in the exercise science field through participation in conferences, clinics and club activities.
- Exercise Science - Applied Exercise Physiology — BS
- Exercise Science - Coaching and Conditioning — BS
- Exercise Science - Fitness Management — BS
- Exercise Science - Pre-Professional Concentration — BS
Page maintained by the Department of University Communications and Marketing. Request a change to this page.