Dual Admission Cuyahoga Community College (TRI-C)
Complete your associate's degree at Cuyahoga Community College (TRI-C), with the intent to transfer to The University of Akron (UA) to complete your bachelor’s degree.
You will receive academic support and transfer services from both institutions to create a guided pathway for your transition from Tri-C to UA.
How does it work?
- Students currently enrolled at Tri-C or who plan to enroll at Tri-C (any branch location) who have earned at least 24 post-high school credit hours (non-developmental) prior to enrolling at UA.
- Have a 2.0 cumulative GPA at TRI-C.
- Please note: If you previously attended The University of Akron, you are not eligible for this program.
How to join the Dual Admission program
- Complete the Tri-C Dual Admission form and submit it to a Transfer Center or Enrollment Center at Tri-C.
- You also must apply to UA as a guest student and complete a consortium agreement for financial aid which is available at a Tri-C Transfer Center or the Tri-C Financial Aid Office.
- Apply to UA for free using the code "Zippy"
Last steps prior to fully transfering to UA
- You will need to submit one semester prior to enrollment at UA your Intent to Enroll form and $75 confirmation fee.
- Attend UA’s New Student Orientation
- As a program participant you are eligible for UA scholarships.
- You will receive information about scholarships that are available to you as a transfer student once you are ready to transition to UA.
Direct any questions to The University of Akron Transfer Office or refer to the Dual Admissions webpage at TRI-C for helpful information.