SCHOOL OF SOCIAL WORK AND FAMILY SCIENCES
Courage. Compassion. Competence.
Are you passionate about helping people? Do you care deeply about social justice? Do you want to become a licensed professional and make a difference in the world? Then you may be built for a career in social work!
The primary goal of social work is to improve a society's overall well-being, especially for the most vulnerable populations. The University of Akron’s School of Social Work and Family Sciences will provide you with the knowledge and hands-on skills to become competent professionals who can create changes in society and improve the lives of all people through the pursuit of social justice.
Why UA’s Social Work Programs:
- Programs accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- Full-time/Part-time programs
- Day/evening/weekend courses for enrollment flexibility
- Regional field placements for hands-on learning
- Faculty who are leaders in the social work field
- One of the highest licensure exam pass rates in Ohio
- Excellent employment rate upon graduation
Contact Program Representatives For More Information:
- BA/BASW Akron & Lakewood Coordinator: Janice Steinmetz, email@example.com
- BA/BASW Wayne Coordinator: Lisa Crites, firstname.lastname@example.org
- MSW Akron Coordinator: Rob Terry, email@example.com
- MSW Lakewood Coordinator: Monica Ascar, firstname.lastname@example.org
- MSW Wayne Coordinator: Dr. Mark McManus, email@example.com
- Addiction Program Coordinator: John Ellis, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Child Welfare Workforce Professional Education Program Coordinator: Monica Ascar, email@example.com
- Cognitive-Behavioral Treatment (CBT) Certificate: Rob Terry, firstname.lastname@example.org