Sexual Assault and Violence Education (SAVE) Team
We develop programs, services and campaigns to educate students about healthy relationships, with the ultimate goal of preventing sexual violence
Campus support for survivors of sexual misconduct
Do you need help? See this page.
April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month
See our schedule of events. Join us!
The Sexual Assault and Violence Education Team is a group of employees, students, and community members who work together to create an inclusive, diverse, and healthy campus community free from sexual violence. We take steps to empower a community response through evidence-based education, support, and training to prevent and reduce the impact of gender-based misconduct, including sexual assault, dating and domestic violence, stalking, and sexual harassment for all those at the University of Akron.
Vision: Create a community safe from sexual violence through education, outreach and support.
Chairs: Allison Gillis and Kelsea Daniluk
Subcommittees and chairs:
- SAVE Leadership: Kelsea Daniluk and Allison Gillis
- Student Prevention: Stephanie Kiba
- Policy and Training: Dale Adams
- Faculty and Staff Prevention: Tami Hannon
- Student Support Services: Kelsea Daniluk
- Assessment: Allison Gillis
Tami Zupkow Hannon
SAVE Team members in the community:
Kate Abruzzino- OneEighty
Gayle Byrne- OneEighty
Mickey Valdez- Summit County Prosecutor’s Office
Elissa Hines- Hope & Healing
Shelby Lieber- Hope & Healing
Megan McGonigal- Hope & Healing
Sandy Parker- Hope & Healing
Sydney Sines- Hope & Healing
Be an active bystander!
Be an active, empowered bystander through our POWER campaign.
We created this toolkit so you can better assist survivors and play an active role reducing gender-based misconduct anywhere. Zips supporting Zips!
- Gender-based misconduct process
- Supporting respondents and witnesses
- Steps to supporting survivors
- Resources for support
- Creating a culture of respect
- Bystander intervention: Zips take a stand