Energy / Batteries Research
Energy storage and energy generation are essential technologies that will shape our future daily life and manufacturing processes. With the development of solar cells, rechargeable batteries, and fuel cells, renewable energy resources can be utilized more efficiently.
Technical Focus: The faculty in the School of Polymer Science and Polymer Engineering focus on the development of new materials and manufacturing processes for future solar cell, battery, and other energy related applications.
- 2D layered materials for energy and electronics
- Electrochemical Catalysts
- Flow batteries
- Lithium ion batteries and Solid-state electrolytes
- Organic solar cells
- Polymer exchange membrane for fuel cell and photoelectrochemical processes
- Polymer thin films for CO2 separation
- Perovskite solar cells
ENERGY / BATTERIES FACULTY
- T Yang, M Wang, C Duan, X Hu, L Huang, J Peng, F Huang, X Gong, Inverted polymer solar cells with 8.4% efficiency by conjugated polyelectrolyte, Energy & Environmental Science 2012, 5 (8), 8208-8214
- T Zhu, Y Yang, Y Liu, R Lopez-Hallman, Z Ma, L Liu, X Gong, Wireless portable light-weight self-charging power packs by perovskite-organic tandem solar cells integrated with solid-state asymmetric supercapacitors, Nano Energy 2020, 78, 105397
- C Liu, K Wang, X Gong, AJ Heeger, Low bandgap semiconducting polymers for polymeric photovoltaics, Chemical Society Reviews 2016, 45 (17), 4825-4846
- J Yu, Y Zhai, SSC Chuang, Water Enhancement in CO2 Capture by Amines: An Insight into CO2–H2O Interactions on Amine Films and Sorbents, Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 2018 57 (11), 4052-4062
- Zhai, Y., Chuang, S. S. C., Enhancing Degradation Resistance of Polyethylenimine for CO2 Capture with Cross-Linked Poly(vinyl alcohol), Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 2017, 56 (46), 13766-13775
- Si Li, Yu-Ming Chen, Wenfeng Liang, Yunfan Shao, Kewei Liu, Zhorro Nikolov and Yu Zhu A Superionic Conductive, Electrochemically Stable Dual-Salt Polymer Electrolyte. Joule, 2018, 2, 1838-1856.
- Kewei Liu, Chung-Fu Cheng, Leyao Zhou, Feng Zou, Wenfeng Liang, Miaoyu Wang, Yu Zhu A shear thickening fluid based impact resistant electrolyte for safe Li-ion batteries. Journal of Power Sources 423 (2019) 297–304
- Kewei Liu, Changlin Zhang, Yuandong Sun, Guanghui Zhang, Xiaochen Shen, Feng Zou, Haichang Zhang, Zhenwei Wu, Evan C. Wegener, Clinton J. Taubert, Jeffrey T Miller, Zhenmeng Peng, and Yu Zhu A High-Performance Transition Metal Phosphide Alloy Catalyst for Oxygen Evolution Reaction. ACS Nano, 2018, 12, 158–167.