Zips Affordability Scholarship
This scholarship was created for first-year students entering fall 2021 and fall 2022.
The Zips Affordability Scholarship covers the cost of your tuition and the general fee after your federal and state grants and institutional scholarships have been applied.
- You must be eligible to receive a Federal Pell Grant.
- You must live in the University’s primary six-county service area (Cuyahoga, Medina, Portage, Stark, Summit and Wayne counties).
- You must be a traditional first-year student (recently graduated from high school), entering fall 2021 or 2022.
Once you receive the scholarship:
To remain eligible, you’ll need to complete the FAFSA every year, maintain good academic standing (2.0 GPA) and remain Pell eligible.
You must enroll full-time each semester (not counting summers). This will put you on a path to complete your degree in eight semesters. You can receive the scholarship for all eight consecutive semesters or until the completion of a bachelor’s degree, whichever comes first.
Investing in a college education is an investment in your future. In fact, college graduates earn an average of $1 million more over their lifetime than those who have completed a high school degree.
How do I apply?
To be considered for the Zips Affordability Scholarship, you must apply for admission to UA and file the free application for Federal Student Aid or FAFSA:
- How to apply to UA. Bonus: There’s no application fee or SAT/ACT requirement. Plus, UA will not raise tuition for the academic year, and we have reduced on-campus housing rates by 30%. We’re serious about making college affordable.
- Here’s how to file the FAFSA in seven steps.
Already accepted to UA?
Your next step is to join the New Roo Experience by confirming your enrollment. This will lock in your Zips Affordability Scholarship. Congratulations!
Our financial aid experts are available 24-7 to answer your questions.