Driving Opportunity Scholars Program
- Five scholarships will be offered in 2021, with 10 more available over the next two years.
- The scholarship covers tuition and fees, and it includes a training and mentoring program for up to five years.
- This new scholarship program has been made possible through a gift from the Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.
- Recipients will also have the opportunity to interview for an internship or co-op at Goodyear and be able to attend such Goodyear events as training sessions and career-focused activities.
- a (preferred) 3.0 or higher grade point average in high school with other factors considered that impact GPA
- obtain ACT or SAT score at a competitive level; with consideration of test-optional years in 2021 and 2022 due to the pandemic
- come from a socioeconomically disadvantaged background
- be the first generation in one’s family to attend college
- be a new or returning student
- Applicants will be asked to submit an essay and one-minute video describing their interest in the program, and complete an interview.
- Deadline to apply is Aug. 1.
- See full eligibility requirements and apply today: Go to the application.
Contact UA Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-972-7100.
More scholarship opportunities
Students at The University of Akron receive more than $260 million in financial assistance annually.