Brian Ballou, M.S., P.E.
Program: Construction Engineering Technology
Dept/Program: Civil Engineering
Office: Schrank Hall South 117E
Professor Ballou joined UA in 1999. Prior to this, he was an adjunct Professor of Architecture at Tri-C in Cleveland. He has 7 years private practice experience in Construction Management working previously for The V-Group, Engineered Endeavors, and G-Q Drywall. He has also done stints with Habitat for Humanity, Rebuilding Together, and Legacies of Success. Professor Ballou is a registered Professional Engineer in the State of Ohio.
- Outstanding Professor of the Year - Department 2002
- Outstanding Professor of the Year - College 2003
- University of Akron Teacher of the Year - 2018
- M.S., Civil Engineering, Case Western Reserve University, 1998
- B.S., Civil Engineering, Case Western Reserve University, 1991
Statics, Strength of Materials. Field Management & Scheduling, Advanced Estimation, Building Codes, Site Engineering, Elements of Structures