ARTS ADMINISTRATION ADMISSION
Requirements for Admission
The following are general requirements for admission to the Master of Arts in Arts Administration program:
- Bachelor degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- Undergraduate GPA above 2.7
- GRE is not required
Note for International Students
International students must submit TOEFL® scores along with the application.
Note for Students Lacking Requirements
If you do not meet these requirements you still may be able to gain admission. Contact Arnold Tunstall (email@example.com), Coordinator of Arts Administration Program to discuss your options and/or additional requirements.
How to Apply
Step 1 - Application Process
- Submit an application through
UAGraduate School website.
To start your application, click "Apply Online" below. It is easiest to apply online and include the application fee. When applying list your choice of degree as "Theatre Arts-Arts Administration." This will expedite the approval process.
If you have questions about UA Graduate School admissions, contact the Graduate School directly at 330-972-7663.
- Write and submit a 300-word statement of intent, summarizing your background and outlining your career goal(s). This can be attached to your online application.
Step 2 - Mail the Following
- Have an official transcript from your undergraduate institution(s) sent to the UA Graduate School.
- Have three (3) letters of recommendation (required only if applying for a graduate assistantship) sent to Arnold Tunstall, Coordinator of Arts Administration Program at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address for transcript submissions:
UA Graduate School Mailing Address
The University of Akron
Akron, OH 44325-2101
Step 3 - Interview
- The Coordinator of Arts Administration Program, will contact applicants to schedule a finalist interview to be completed either in person or by phone.
Arnold Tunstall, Coordinator of Arts Administration Program
Applications to the master's degree program in Arts Administration are accepted on a rolling basis.
Applicants who wish to be considered for a graduate assistantship MUST apply by March 1.
Read more about assistantships on our Financial Aid page.
More Information for Prospective Graduate Students
We are excited that you are interested in advancing your career in Arts Administration by earning a master's degree at The University of Akron.
To learn more about Graduate School at The University of Akron, visit the following links.