Complete an associate degree at Stark State College while preparing to transfer here to complete your bachelor’s degree. We'll help you every step of the way!
A SEAMLESS EDUCATION
Direct Connect means a great education and an incredible student experience, including:
- The opportunity to take advantage of amenities at both institutions including libraries, career services, computer labs, sporting events, parking, email, and more
- Attention from academic advisors and faculty who will help you transition from Stark State to UA.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
You may participate in Direct Connect directly out of high school or if you are currently enrolled at SSC.
UA students researching geckos and fish in Tahiti as part of a vertebrate zoology course.
- If you are currently taking college courses at SSC but have not graduated high school yet, you will be eligible to participate in the program after you graduate from high school.
- If you previously attended UA, you are not eligible for this program.
- Your eligibility to participate in Direct Connect aligns with the standard admission requirements for SSC.
How to join Direct Connect
Direct Connect details
- When you participate in Direct Connect, you will have catalog rights at UA from the term your program application is accepted.
- You will sign an agreement to allow your education records information to be shared between SSC and UA, in manners consistent with information security requirements.
- In the program you must:
- Plan to complete your associate degree at SSC, while purposefully planning to transfer to UA to complete your bachelor's degree.
- Submit an intent-to-enroll form one semester prior to matriculation to UA.
- Earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 and a minimum of 24 credit hours (non-developmental) at SSC prior to enrolling at UA.
- Be in good standing at SSC.
- Academic advisors from UA will work with SSC advisors and faculty members to conduct appointments on each of SSC’s campuses with students participating in the program.
- In the program you will receive a Stark State/UA Zip Card allowing you to use facilities and services offered to regularly admitted students at both SSC and UA (e.g., libraries, career services, computer labs, sporting events, parking, email and internet access, etc.)
COURSE TRANSFER GUIDES & DEGREE PATHWAYS