Title: Administrative & Student Support Specialist
Office: ASEC D401C
Jamie Stubkjaer joined the support staff of the University of Akron Biology Department in June of 2022 as an Administrative and Student Support Specialist. She graduated from the University of Tampa in 2016 with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree with a concentration in Painting, and from Hillsborough Community College in 2010 with an Associate of Arts degree in Engineering. In addition to teaching art and attending professional workshops on studio art and arts conservation, Jamie has accumulated more than ten years of professional tech support and administrative experience in both private and academic settings. By joining the team at the University of Akron, Jamie hopes to bring that experience and enthusiasm to the already talented and friendly support team.
Jamie Stubkjaer lives in Cuyahoga Falls, OH with her partner, Charles, and her cat, Renfield. She enjoys spending her free time on painting, millinery, sewing, refashioning, costume design, and rad motorcycle jumps.
- Julie Heffernan Workshop, Oil Painting, March 2017
- Alyssa Monks Workshop, Oil Painting, April 2016
- Zachari Logan Workshop, Soft Pastels, October 2016
- Emergency Planning and Mitigation Strategies for Museums, Libraries, and Historical Societies, Workshop from the Foundation of the American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works, April 2013
Oil Painting Work
Yoink! (oil on wood panel, 24"x36", 2022)
Discovery Channel (oil on canvas, 65''x72'', 2016)
45 Minutes, Charles (oil on canvas board, 14"x11", 2016)
Sugar Cube (oil on wood panel, 24"x36", 2015)
- BFA in Painting, University of Tampa, Florida
- AA in Engineering, Hillsborough Community College, Florida