Middle Level Education (Grades 4-9)
Middle Level Education Fundamentals
Middle school teachers expand students’ educations by delving deeper into subjects taught in elementary, middle and junior high schools, and introducing them to more information about the world.
- Core curriculum combines theory and practice to prepare you for licensure to work in elementary, middle or junior high schools.
- are innovative and interactive
- win teaching awards
- use multimedia technology to enhance classroom learning
The College of Education offers a variety of resources for its students, including:
- Literacy Center
Real World Experience
- You will participate in at least 100 hours of field-based experiences in a variety of diverse settings prior to student teaching.
- The culminating experience for teacher education is student teaching, under the supervision of College of Education faculty and a classroom teacher.
Education Student Organizations
- Akron Council of Education Students
- Student Council for Exceptional Children
Students choose two of the following four content areas as a Middle Level Teacher Education student:
- Language Arts
- Social Studies
Students have the opportunity to add a Dual Licensure for Intervention Specialist with any of the Middle Level Teacher Education programs.
Page maintained by the Department of University Communications and Marketing. Request a change to this page.