Electrical and Electronic Engineering Technology (BS)
In the field of electrical and electronic engineering technology, the principles and theories of science, applied engineering and mathematics are used to solve technical problems in research and development, manufacturing, sales, construction, inspection and maintenance.
Core curriculum provides firm foundation in the areas of:
- applied mathematics
- electric circuits
- basic electronics
- applied microcontrollers, communications, power, machinery, control and instrumentation circuits
- engineering technology principles
- laboratory practice
- are dedicated to undergraduate teaching
- are innovative and interactive
- bring their extensive engineering practice experience into the classroom
Experience electrical and electronic engineering technology firsthand by exploring the fundamentals in a laboratory environment. Computers in labs contain industry-grade software used in the design, simulation, construction and programming of circuits.
Our labs include:
- Circuits Laboratory
- Electronics Laboratory
- Control System Laboratory
- Digital Circuits Laboratory
Gain practical professional experience through UA's optional cooperative education program. Participation gives you firsthand, on-the-job training in the electrical & electronic engineering technology field of your choice. Several area companies, such as Expert Crane, Ward Jet and FirstEnergy, like to hire EEET students on a part-time basis, even before they have finished work on their bachelor’s degrees.
Student organizations & design teams
Interact with other engineering and science technology students and professionals in the field through organizations such as:
- Tau Alpha Pi (engineering and science technology honor society)
- Electronic Engineering Technology Association
Page maintained by the Department of University Communications and Marketing. Request a change to this page.