Automated Manufacturing Engineering Technology
This application-oriented program provides the solid technical foundation necessary to work in the computer-based manufacturing environments. Students learn to work and communicate with engineers, scientists, and production personnel. The program prepares students for technical, supervisory and management positions. The core curriculum combines business courses with materials processing and automation.
Students graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Automated Manufacturing Engineering Technology.
- are innovative and interactive
- use multimedia technology to compliment hands-on instructional approach
- bring industry experience to the classroom
Students have access to hands-on experiences in labs that are equipped with:
- programmable logic controllers
- computer numerical control (CNC) machines
- Mastercam software
Gain practical professional experience through UA's optional co-op and placement program or an internship. Participation gives you firsthand, on-the-job training in the field of your choice. Through co-op, you’ll alternate semesters of work and school while earning a competitive salary.
Join one of the award-winning UA design competition teams popular with manufacturing engineering technology and mechanical engineering students, like Baja and Formula Combustion.
Connect with other engineering students and apply what you are learning in class to real-world projects:
- Tau Alpha Pi (national honor society for engineering technology students)
- Society of Manufacturing Engineering Technology Students
- Women in Engineering
- National Society of Black Engineers
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers
Page maintained by the Department of University Communications and Marketing. Request a change to this page.