Computer science deals with the storage, transformation and transfer of information. It is often considered to be a branch of engineering because of its applicability.
- Comprehensive curriculum covers programming, languages, operating systems and mathematics.
- Every course requires students to write computer programs and use a variety of computer languages, hardware and operating systems to prepare for work in industrial, commercial, government or university settings.
- are innovative and interactive
- engage in research activities with local industry
Experience computer science firsthand through our research facilities:
- Two computer laboratories with 20 dual-booting workstations
- A cluster computer for classroom use and research
- Access to the Ohio Supercomputer Center
Gain practical professional experience through UA's optional cooperative education program in the computer science field of your choice. Through co-op, you’ll alternate semesters of work and school while earning a competitive salary.
- Akron Student Chapter of the Association for Computing Machinery
Page maintained by the Department of University Communications and Marketing. Request a change to this page.