Drafting and Computer Drafting Technology
Drafting and Computer Drafting Technology Fundamentals
Drafting is the graphical language of the engineer and technician - professional drafters prepare technical drawings and plans for everything from toys to spacecrafts to office buildings.
- Core curriculum provides a strong foundation in:
- building construction
- manufacturing processes
- technical drawing
- computer skills
- Learn to compile detailed drawings based on rough sketches, specifications and calculations made by engineers, architects and designers.
- are innovative and interactive
- use multimedia technology to enhance classroom learning
Laboratory work in electrical, mechanical, structural, surveying, drafting and 3D computer drafting is incorporated in program. Drafting and Computer Drafting Technology Program maintains:
- two drafting laboratories
- Computer-aided Drafting Laboratory, utilizing AutoCAD and SolidWorks software
You are encouraged to gain important practical professional experience through an internship or the University’s optional cooperative education program. Participation gives you firsthand experience in the drafting and computer drafting technology field of your choice. Through co-op, you’ll alternate semesters of work and school. As an added benefit, you’ll earn a competitive salary.
Engineering and Science Technology Student Organization
Interact with other engineering and science technology students and professionals in the field through organizations such as:
- Tau Alpha Pi (engineering and science technology honor society)
Page maintained by the Department of University Communications and Marketing. Request a change to this page.