Katie Boarman, M.A.
Title: Director, Speech Center
Dept/Program: School of Speech-Language Pathology & Audiology
- Joined the University of Akron in 2011 with a focus in augmentative and alternative communication (AAC)
- President of the Ohio School Speech Pathology and Educational Audiology Coalition (OSSPEAC)
- School Externship Coordinator for School of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
- AAC team coordinator – AAC team provides comprehensive assessments of clients’ AAC needs including: speech generating devices, overlay devices, switch placement, assistive technology, and funding paperwork
- Supervisor of Clinical instruction – supervisor at the University of Akron’s Audiology and Speech Center and off-campus via face-to-face supervision and E-supervision working with pediatric and adult clients.
- Gillette, Y., Harding, J., Boarman, K., Buffa, J., Tedrick, M., & Young, M. (2012) the iPad revolution: what speech-language pathologists should know. OSHLA annual convention, Columbus, OH.
- Gillette, Y., Carlin, C. H., & Boarman, K. M. (2012). iPads and autism: achieving communication competence through collaboration.
- School based speech-language pathologist working in a suburban school district with students in grades 3-12 with varying abilities and needs
- Acute, hospital based speech-language pathologist with a primary focus on dysphagia
- American Speech-Language Hearing Association
- Ohio School Speech Pathology and Educational Audiology Coalition